Saturday, September 11, 2010

New *HEAD* shop opens in DutchTown.

This week a new business opened in Owosso.  It is considered a Head Shop.  Before Thursday, I had never heard that term before.  For those of you who want a more clear idea of what it is click here Head Shop

I decided to check this new establishment out.  I am all about Free Enterprise.  However, I quickly became disgruntled after speaking to the owner of this business.

I am an advocate of Medical Marijuana. I do not begrudge anyone that is a card carrying pot smoker.  Kudos to them!  Unless, of course, they are abusing the privilege.


This store specializes in  drug paraphernalia.  They promote their products as "Tobacco" friendly.   They have "tobacco" glass pipes, one hitters, Hookahs, bongs, scales, and devices to hide your "tobacco".  I have only heard of people that smoke actual tobacco out of a Hookah.   I have never heard of a person buying out a hollowed Diet Coke can that has a screw top on it that would be used to hide tobacco.  Who knows, maybe some people get paranoid after smoking some good 'ol Kentucky tobacco. 

The most disturbing part of my visit took place while looking at what I thought was "incense".  I was speaking with the owner, who is a Registered Nurse, named Sherry.  I asked her how is the incense, in the small baggies, burned?  She explained that it was K2.  In a lowered voice, explained, that people smoke it. 

She was promoting the inhalation of K2.  How many other people is she promoting this to?  It plainly says in the package NOT FOR INGESTION!

What is K2?  I am not referring to the Himalayan Mountain, but something that people are now smoking to get high.  It isn't illegal either!   K2 use on the rise


Sale of K2 on the Internet

Who will be held responsible if someone dies from smoking this?

The owner bragged that Legislatures has tried to outlaw K2, but have been unsuccessful.  She even gave me a free sample.  I took it and handed it my dearest friend Tom Manke, once I left the head shop.  How many patrons received a free sample?  Were they over the age of 18? 

K2 is sold in 1 and 3 gram baggies.  It is relatively cheap.  A 1 gram baggie costs $10.00.  3 gram baggies are $25.00. 

It is my hope, that the Owosso City Council will ban the sale of all K2 products.  This is serious.  It won't be hard for our children to get their hands on this and it isn't illegal...

No comments:

Post a Comment